Tuesday, May 17

Stefanie was accepted to Oxford. Yeah, she's boss like that. Last Thursday, upon opening the letter, the toast-dry brit phrasing sounded initially like a rejection...but it woah-ho-wasn't!

On route that night to celebrate the brilliant girl's success, I got distracted by another kind of light - that which emitted from the red windows of Free Gospel Church on Wylie street. A quiet night in the hood but that place was aglow with what sounded like pure rock'n'roll, burning it up on the inside - soul shakin, fire-starting shouts to the sky. If someone was listening, they'd surely heard. I couldn't help wanting to see some brimstone. So, I stopped and guess what I found...
Jesus?
No.
Marco?
No.
Polo. Bike Polo.
Left turn, right? Stick with me.

Thursday is Bike Polo night at Lang Carson Park basketball courts which happen to be right behind the Free Gospel Church parking lot. I had camera in hand and was ready to run through a roll when I got to chatting with Tim, a polo player. Lang Carson Park is up for renovations and Tim was telling me how nice it'd be to have some documentation of Bike Polo's existence for when the time comes to plead their case. They'd just finished a game, but Stefanie joined me at the courts, they began another and we got a few photos. Hope it helps. I think they played for about 4 hours that night. My favorite rule is that your feet can't touch the ground.


Click here or here for more info about Atlanta Bike Polo.

More photos after the jump...
















Ben

Frasier

Eric

Chris