Tuesday, January 17


With help from friends, I was able to link 1200 feet of paper chain over the weekend. That's what it looks like. And that's what over 5000 staples looks like. It's hard to believe I can squeeze a stapler that many times in 2 days. I actually don't believe it. How improbable would it be for someone to verify the advertised count of a box of staples? Guess what I'm doing for the next 13 hours.

I love the game "guess how many beans are in the jelly bean jar." My boss at Room & Board had an uncanny talent for it. The other morning I was what-the-fuck is brunching for Christopher's birthday. At the center of the table, there was a large glass jar filled with orange pencils. I wondered how many. Everyone looked and offered a guess in turns. Upon accounting, everyone's guess fell short.