Wednesday, May 27

important update

Okay, that might be false advertising as this is not all that important in the grand scheme of things, but I'm sure you're all dying to know what bedding we finally decided on for Tad.

It was the Birds.

Tad was just set on a bird motif. We looked at a coverlet from Urban Outfitters which I can say I'm glad went out of stock before we got around to buying. We also checked out this duvet from Dwell, but we really loved the one pictured above from West Elm.

He said he didn't like patterned pillows, so we went with a solid sheet set from The Company Store. He chose a brown color that was appropriately named "pinecone".

And Tad loves basket weave blankets. Luckily, we were able to find a handsome taupe colored blanket at Room & Board.

Then for a little fun, he picked this Squirrel Pillow from Velocity.



It's going to be cute, right? And I'm really proud of him because he picked it all out himself. At this point, I should note that when we first started this process he told me he wanted bright blue zebra striped sheets. I'm glad we wandered away from that initial thought and ended with this one which is more age appropriate and has a subtle quirkiness. Tad's bedroom is wood paneled with a huge window on one wall. So, this bedding is gonna look great in his space and, more importantly, he's gonna love it. So, hoorah, victory!